Professor Zhongwei Zhao
Areas of expertise
- Demography 1603
- Mortality 160304
- Fertility 160302
- Family And Household Studies 160301
- Population Trends And Policies 160305
- Environmental impacts on population health and mortality
- Mortality and fertility transition in East Asia
- Computer microsimulation in demographic research
- Historical demography
- Changes in families, households and kinship networks
- Demographic estimation and mortality models
- Dï»¿emograpï»¿hï»¿ï»¿iï»¿cï»¿ ï»¿iï»¿mï»¿pï»¿aï»¿cï»¿tï»¿sï»¿ ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿of faminesï»¿
Zhongwei Zhao graduated from University of Cambridge (PhD), University of Exeter (MA), and Peking University (BA).
Zhongwei Zhao has been a Professor at the Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute, College of Arts and Social Sciences, the Australian National University since 2008.
Prior to taking up the present appointment, he was a senior research associate at the Cambridge Group for the History of population and Social Structure, a Bye-Fellow at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, a senior fellow/fellow/research fellow at the Australian National University, a post-doctoral fellow at the University of New South Wales and the East-West Centre of Hawaii, and a researcher at Peking University.