Dr Chung Tran
Areas of expertise
- Macroeconomic Theory 140102
- Macroeconomics (Incl. Monetary And Fiscal Theory) 140212
- Public Economics Taxation And Revenue 140215
- Economic Development And Growth 140202
Chung Tran's primary research interests are in the areas of macroeconomics and public economics. Much of his current work is to explore the role and implications of economic policies. Some specific research topics have included; evaluating dynamic general equilibrium effects of social insurance systems including social security and public health insurance; analyzing implications of taxation; and understanding dynamic effects of public debt, fiscal stress and fiscal austerity.
- Foundations of macroeconomic policy
- Implications of tax and transfer policy
- The macroeconomic aspects of healthcare policy
- Ageing, fiscal reforms and dynamic effects
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR I) (Secondary Investigator)
- Innovative Financing Systems for Better Health (Primary Investigator)