Professor Daniel Stoljar
Areas of expertise
- Philosophy Of Mind (Excl. Cognition) 220314
- Metaphysics 220309
- Ethical Theory 220305
- Philosophy Of Cognition 220312
- Philosophy Of Language 220313
- Philosophy 2203
Daniel Stoljar was educated as an undergraduate at the University of Sydney, and received his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in September 1995. He spent 1996 in the Philosophy Program at RSSS as a Postdoctoral Fellow, and then took up a position as Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Stoljar was a Senior Fellow in the Program from 2002-2006, and is now Professor in the School of Philosophy, RSSS, and Director of the Centre for Consciousness. He is a fellow of the Australian Academy of Humanities, a past Future Fellow of the Australian Research Council, and current President of the Australasian Association of Philosophy.
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- Knowledge of Consciousness (Primary Investigator)
- Philosophical Progress (Primary Investigator)
- Epistemic Warrant: Transmission Failure, Basic Knowledge, and Entitlement (Primary Investigator)
- Conscious Experience and the Hegemony of Representation (Primary Investigator)
- Perception, Interpretation, and the Explanation of Delusional Beliefs (Secondary Investigator)
- Understanding Phenomenal Experience as a Natural Part of Our World (Secondary Investigator)