Dr Janelle Stevenson
Areas of expertise
- Palaeoecology 060206
- Quaternary Environments 040606
- Archaeological Science 210102
- Geomorphology And Regolith And Landscape Evolution 040601
- Soil Sciences 0503
- Palaeontology (Incl. Palynology) 040308
Southeast Asia, Melanesia, Pacific Islands; palynology; fire; palaeoclimatology; disentangling climate change from human impact in the palaeoenvironmental record; detection of crop plants in the archaeological and palaeoenvironmental record; experience working in New Caledonia, Fiji, the Philippines, Micronesia; currently working in Northern Australia and Sulawesi.
Australian Research Council Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Australian National University (2002-2004); Treasurer, Australasian Quaternary Association 2003 - present; Australian Academy of the Humanities Travelling Fellowship 2002.
- From Prehistory to History: Landscape and Cultural Change on the South Alligator River, Kakadu National Park (Secondary Investigator)
- Enhancing cultural heritage management for mining operations: a multi-disciplinary approach (Secondary Investigator)
- The Archaeology of Sulawesi: A Strategic Island for Understanding Modern Human Colonization and Interactions Across our Region (Secondary Investigator)
- The Creation of Southeast Asian Peoples and Cultures, 3500 BC to AD 500 (Secondary Investigator)
- Understanding the Early Phases of Neolithic Dispersal in the Western Pacific (Secondary Investigator)