Dr Paul Sidwell
Areas of expertise
- Linguistic Structures (Incl. Grammar, Phonology, Lexicon, Semantics) 200408
- Linguistics 2004
- Other Asian Languages (Excl. South East Asian) 200317
- Language In Time And Space (Incl. Historical Linguistics, Dialectology) 200406
- South East Asian Languages (Excl. Indonesian) 200314
- Language In Culture And Society (Sociolinguistics) 200405
- Lexicography 200407
- Comparative Language Studies 200322
- Laboratory Phonetics And Speech Science 200404
2012- Senior Lecturer, Department of Linguistics, College of Asia Pacific, ANU
2007-2011 Director of Mon-Khmer Languages Project, Centre for Research in Computational Linguistics (Bangkok)
2004-2011 Visiting Research Fellow, Department of Linguistics, RSPAS,ANU (2005 through 2006 funded by Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany).
2001-4 Australian Research Council Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Linguistics, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University.
2001 Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (Collaborating Scientist), Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany.
2000 Sessional Lecturer/Tutor, Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Arts, Australian National University; and Research Assistant, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- Unlocking the Missing Millennia of Mainland Southeast Asia: the Proto-Austroasiatic Lexicon Project (Primary Investigator)
- Linguistic Preshistory in Southeast Asia: 2000 Years of Contact Between Austroastic and Austronesian Speakers (Primary Investigator)
- History of the Bahnaric Languages (Primary Investigator)