Ms Margot Pearson
Other ANU Non-College Academic
Areas of expertise
- Education Policy 160506
- Higher Education 130103
- Teacher Education And Professional Development Of Educators 130313
- Specialist Studies In Education 1303
- Other Education 1399
- Heaney, R, Evans, T, Macauley, P et al 2013, 'The impact of Australian higher education policy changes on the production of PhDs in the field of accounting and finance', Accounting and Finance, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 691-710.
- Solomon, N, McKenzie, J, Boud, D et al 2012, 'Repositioning of fIRST for the new era of research', Quality in Postgraduate Research: narratives in transition: Perspectives of leaders, educators and postgraduates, ed. Margaret Kiley, Australian National University, Adelaide Australia, p. 287.
- Pearson, M, Cumming, J, Evans, T et al 2011, 'How shall we know them? Capturing the diversity of difference in Australian doctoral candidates and their experiences', Studies in Higher Education, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 527-542.
- Macauley, P, Evans, T & Pearson, M 2010, 'Australian PhDs by LIS educators, researchers and practitioners: Depicting diversity and demise', Library and Information Science Research, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 258-264.
- Macauley, P, Evans, T & Pearson, M 2010, 'Classifying Australian PhD theses: linking research and library practices', Australian Academic and Research Libraries, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1-13.
- Pearson, M, Kiley, M, Fitzpatrick, M et al 2010, 'Pathways to the PhD in Australia: a symposium', Quality in postgraduate research conference 2010, ed. Margaret Kiley, Australian National University, Canberra, p. 285.
- Austin, A, Kiley, M & Pearson, M 2009, 'Critical Issues in Doctoral Education: Comparison of Challenges and Responses in Australia and the United States', Association for the Study of Higher Education - Advancing the Next Generation of Higher Education Scholarship and Scholars Conference 2009, Association for the Study of Higher Education, Canada.
- Pearson, M, Cowan, A & Liston, A 2009, 'PhD education in science: Producing the scientific mindset in biomedical sciences', in David Boud, Alison Lee (ed.), Changing Practices of Doctoral Education, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, Abingdon and New York, pp. 100-112.
- Pearson, M, Evans, T & Macauley, P 2008, 'Growth and diversity in doctoral education: assessing the Australian experience', Higher Education, vol. 55, pp. 357-372.
- Kiley, M & Pearson, M 2008, 'Research education in Australia: expectations and tensions', Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association 2008, ed. Conference Program Committee, American Educational Research Association, Washington DC, pp. 1-6.
- Grant, B & Pearson, M 2007, 'Approaches to doctoral supervision in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand', in Carey Denholm & Terry Evans (ed.), Supervising Doctorates Downunder: keys to effective supervision in Australia and New Zealand, Australian Council for Educational Research Press, Victoria, Australia, pp. 11-18.
- Kiley, M, Pearson, M, Hall, F et al 2006, 'The impact of globalisation on researching research education', Quality in Postgraduate Research Conference 2006, ed. Kiley, M. and Mullins, G., Australian National University, Canberra Australia, pp. 227-230.
- Cumming, J, Pearson, M, Evans, T et al 2006, 'Reconceptualising the doctoral experience in Australia: A symposium on work-in-progress of an ARC Linkage Grant Project', Quality in Postgraduate Research Conference 2006, ed. Kiley, M. and Mullins, G., Australian National University, Canberra Australia, pp. 233-236.
- Pearson, M, Evans, T & Macauley, P 2006, 'Research on the development of Australian PhD programs in national and emerging global contexts', Joint Deakin University-National Taiwan Normal University Symposium 2006, Deakin University, Geelong Australia.
- Nightingale, P & Pearson, M 2006, 'Help in developing materials for supervision development: An opportunity', Quality in Postgraduate Research Conference 2006, ed. Kiley, M. and Mullins, G., Australian National University, Canberra Australia, p. 275.
- Pearson, M & Trevitt, A 2005, 'Alignment and synergy: leadership and education', in K. Fraser (ed.), Educational development and leadership in higher education, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, London, pp. 88-107.
- Pearson, M 2005, 'Framing research on doctoral education in Australia in a global context', Higher Education Research and Development, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 119-134.
- Macauley, P, Evans, T, Pearson, M et al 2005, 'Using digital data and bibliometric analysis for researching doctoral education', Higher Education Research and Development, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 189-199.
- Pearson, M 2005, 'Changing contexts for research education: implications for supervision development', in Pam Green (ed.), Supervising postgraduate research: contexts and processes, theories and practices, RMIT University, Melbourne, pp. 11-29.
- Pearson, M, Evans, T, Macauley, P et al 2005, 'Why do a Prof Doc when you can do a PhD?', Professional Doctorates Conference 2005, ed. Tom W. Maxwell, Chris Hickey and Terry Evans, Research Institute for Professional & Vocational Education & Training, Geelong Australia, pp. 24-34.
- Fry, H, Hewes, I, Kiley, M et al 2004, 'Conceptual frameworks in action', in L. Elvidge (ed.), Exploring academic development in higher education: issues of engagement, Jill Rogers Associates Ltd, Cambridge, pp. 59-70.
- Pearson, M & Kayrooz, C 2004, 'Enabling critical reflection on research supervisory practice', International Journal for Academic Development, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 99-116.
- Pearson, M, Evans, T & Macauley, P 2004, 'The working life of doctoral students: challenges for research education and training', Studies in Continuing Education, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 347-353.
- Evans, T, Macauley, P, Pearson, M et al 2003, 'A brief review of PhDs in creative and performing arts in Australia', Australian Association for Research in Education Mini-Conference (AARE 2000), ed. Peter L. Jeffery, Professional Resources Services Pty Ltd, Coldstream, Victoria, Australia, pp. 1-13.
- Pearson, M & Brew, A 2002, 'Research Training and Supervision Development', Studies in Higher Education, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 135-150.
- Pearson, M 2001, 'Research Supervision - Mystery and Mastery', in Higgs, J & Titchen, A (ed.), Practice Knowledge and Expertise in the Health Professions, William Heinemann, Oxford, UK, pp. 192-198.
- Pearson, M 2000, 'Flexible postgraduate research supervision in an open system', Quality in Postgraduate Research Conference 2000, ed. Kiley, M., Mullins, G., University of Adelaide, Adelaide, pp. 103-118.
- Pearson, M 1999, 'The changing environment for doctoral education in Australia: implications for quality management, improvement and innovation', Higher Education Research and Development, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 269-287.
- Pearson, M 1999, 'Rethinking the Past and the Future of the PhD in the Humanities and Social Sciences', Southern Review, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 186-190.
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- Classifying Australian PhD Theses by ANZSRC Field of Research Codes (Secondary Investigator)
- Research Capacity Building: The Development of Australian PhD Programs in National and Emerging Global Contexts (Secondary Investigator)
- Working Students Reconceptualising the Doctorial Experience (Primary Investigator)