Dr Lia Kent
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Kent, L 2017, 'Transitional Justice and Peacebuilding', in Olivera Simic (ed.), An Introduction to Transitional Justice, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, Oxon, UK, pp. 201-222.
- Wallis, J, Jeffery, R & Kent, L 2016, 'Political reconciliation in Timor Leste, Solomon Islands and Bougainville: the dark side of hybridity', Australian Journal of International Affairs, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 159-178.
- Kent, L, Kinsella, N & Rodrigues Tchailoro, N 2016, Chega! Ten Years On: A Neglected National Resource - The Fate of the CAVR Final Report in Timor-Leste. SSGM Report. Available online at: http://ssgm.bellschool.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/publications/attachments/2016-07/ssgmreportseries1chega10years.pdf
- Ingram, S & Kent, L 2016, IB 2016.3 Assessing the Terms of Inclusion in the State of Timor-Leste.
- Kent, L 2016, 'Sounds of Silence: Everyday Strategies of Social Repair in Timor-Leste', The Australian Feminist Law Journal, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 31-50.
- Kent, L 2016, 'Transitional Justice in Law, History and Anthropology', The Australian Feminist Law Journal, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 1-11.
- Kent, L 2016, 'After the Truth Commission: Gender and Citizenship in Timor-Leste', Human Rights Review vol. 17, no. 1: pp. 51-70.
- Kent, L & Kinsella, N 2015, 'The Veterans' Valorisation Scheme: Marginalising Women's Contributions to the Resistance', in Sue Ingram, Lia Kent and Andrew McWilliam (ed.), A New Era? Timor-Leste after the UN, ANU Press, Canberra, pp. 213-223.
- Dinnen, S & Kent, L 2015, IB 2015.50 Hybridity in Peacebuilding and Development: A Critical Interrogation.
- Kent, L 2015, 'Remembering the Past, Shaping the Future: Memory Frictions and Nation-Making in Timor-Leste', State Society and Governance in Melanesia, vol. 2015, no. 1, pp. 1-16.
- Ingram S, Kent, L, & A. McWilliam (eds) 2015, A New Era? Timor-Leste After the UN, ANU Press, Canberra.
- Ingram, S, Kent, L & A. McWilliam 2015, 'Introduction: Building the Nation: Legacies and Challenges for Timor-Leste', in Sue Ingram, Lia Kent and Andrew McWilliam (eds), A New Era? Timor-Leste after the UN, ANU E Press, Canberra,pp 1-16.
- Kent, L & Kinsella, N 2015, 'A Luta Kontinua (The Struggle Continues)', International Feminist Journal of Politics, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 473-494.
- Peake, G, Kent, L, Damaledo, A et al 2014, IB 2014.60 Influences and Echoes of Indonesia in Timor-Leste.
- Kent, L 2014, 'Beyond 'Pragmatism' versus 'Principle': ongoing justice debates in East Timor', in Renee Jeffery and Hun Joon Kim (ed.), Transitional Justice in the Asia-Pacific, Cambridge University Press, New York, USA, pp. 157-195.
- Kent, L 2014, 'Narratives of suffering and endurance: Coercive sexual relationships, truth commissions and possibilities for gender justice in Timor-Leste', International Journal of Transitional Justice, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 289-313.
- Kent, L & Wallis, J 2014, IB 2014-13 | Timor-Leste's Veterans' Pension Scheme: Who are the Beneficiaries and Who is Missing Out?.
- Peake, G, Kent, L, Damaledo, A et al 2014, 'Influences and Echoes of Indonesia in Timor-Leste', State Society and Governance in Melanesia, vol. 2014, no. 8, pp. 1-19.
- Kent, L 2012, The Dynamics of Transitional Justice: International Models and Local Realities in East Timor, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, Oxford.
- Kent, L 2012, 'Interrogating the Gap between Law and Justice: East Timor's Serious Crimes Process', Human Rights Quarterly, vol. 34, pp. 1021-1044.
- Kent, L (2011). 'Local Memory Practices in East Timor: Disrupting Transitional Justice Narratives', International Journal of Transitional Justice 5 (3): pp. 434-455.
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- Local Memories and Nation-building in Timor-Leste and Bougainville (Primary Investigator)
- The impact of political reconciliation in the Asia-Pacific (Secondary Investigator)