Associate Professor Fiona Jenkins
Areas of expertise
- Hermeneutic And Critical Theory 220307
- Feminist Theory 220306
- Multicultural, Intercultural And Cross Cultural Studies 200209
- Cultural Theory 200204
- Culture, Gender, Sexuality 200205
- Screen And Media Culture 200212
- Law And Society 180119
- Poststructuralism 220317
- Social Philosophy 220319
- Political Theory And Political Philosophy 160609
Fiona Jenkins is Associate Professor in the School of Philosophy, RSSS, Australian National University. Her current research covers two projects, one on Judith Butler, which focuses on questions of political legitimacy, violence and non-violence, in post-national frameworks; the other on gender equity and ideas of ‘excellence’ in academic disciplines. She teaches on contemporary French philosophy, on Nietzsche, on film, and on radical democratic theory. Following a DPhil at Balliol, Oxford, she spent two years teaching at Essex University, taking up a post-doc. at Sydney University in 1997 and moving to ANU in 2002. She has also been the Convenor of the ANU Gender Institute, 2013-15.
Grants are drawn from ARIES. To add Projects or Grants please contact your College Research Office.
- Gendered Excellence in the Social Sciences (Primary Investigator)