Dr Julien Barbara
BCom (Hons) (Melb), PhD (Melb)
Fellow, State, Society & Governance in Melanesia Program (SSGM)
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Barbara, J & Keen, M 2016, IB 2016.9 Urban Politics in Melanesia: Shallow Roots.
- Keen, M & Barbara, J 2015, IB 2015.64 Pacific Urbanisation: Changing Times.
- Barbara, J 2015, IB 2015.69 Supporting Elections in Melanesia.
- Barbara, J & Walsh, L 2015, IB 2015.3 Should Donors Support the Solomon Islands National University?.
- Barbara, J, Cox, J & Leach, M 2015, 'The Emergent Middle Classes in Timor-Leste and Melanesia: Conceptual Issues and Developmental Significance', State Society and Governance in Melanesia Discussion Paper 2015, no. 4, pp. 1-22.
- Barbara, J 2014, 'From Intervention to Partnership-Prospects for Development Partnership in Solomon Islands after the RAMSI', Asia & The Pacific Policy Studies, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 395-408.
- Barbara, J & connell, w 2014, IB 2014-11 | Political Settlements and Effective Democratic Governance Programming in Melanesia.
- Barbara, J 2013, 'The Limits of Institutional Reform in Development: Changing Rules for Realistic Solutions - Matt Andrews', Australian Journal of Public Administration, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 485-486.
- Barbara, J. 2013, ‘Post-Statebuilding: The Australian Experience in Timor-Leste and the Solomon Islands’ in D. Chandler and R. Sisk (eds.), Routledge Hanbook of International Statebuilding, Routledge: London
- Barbara, J. 2008, ‘Antipodean Statebuilding: The Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands and Australian Intervention in the South Pacific’, Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding, 2(2), June: 123-149
- Barbara, J. 2008, ‘Rethinking Neo-liberal State Building: Building Post-Conflict Development States’, Development in Practice, 18(3), June: 307-317
- Barbara, J. 2006, ‘Nation Building and the Role of the Private Sector as a Political Peace-Builder’, Conflict, Security and Development, 6(4), December: 581-594
- Walsh, L. and Barbara, J. 2006, ‘Speed, International Security and New War Coverage in Cyber-Space’, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 12(1), October (available at http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol12/issue1/)
- Barbara, J. and Gahan, P. 2000, ‘Compliments or Substitutes? Taxation, Social Welfare and Labour Market Regulation: An Industrial Relations Perspective on the “Five Economists” Plan’, The Economic and Labour Relations Review, 11(1), June: 8-45