Dr Eliza Ahmed
PhD, Division of Psychology, ANU
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
Areas of expertise
- Social And Community Psychology 170113
- Law And Society 180119
- Industrial And Organisational Psychology 170107
- Educational Counselling 130305
- Causes And Prevention Of Crime 160201
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2012, 'Learning to Manage Shame in School Bullying: Lessons for Restorative Justice Interventions', Critical Criminology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 79-97.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, J 2011, 'Shame, pride and workplace bullying', in Susanne Karstedt, Ian Loader and Heather Strang (ed.), Emotions, Crime and Justice, Hart Publishing, Oxford UK, pp. 55-80.
- McMillen, J, Marshall, D, Ahmed, E et al 2004, 2003 Victorian Longitudinal Community Attitudes Survey.
- Braithwaite, V, Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, J 2009, 'Workplace Bullying and Victimization: The Influence of Organisational Context, Shame and Pride', International Journal of Organisational Behaviour, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 71-94.
- Ahmed, E 2008, ''Stop it, that's enough': Bystander intervention and its relationship to school connectedness and shame management', Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 203-213.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2007, 'Higher Education Loans and Tax Evasion:A Response to Perceived Unfairness', Law and Policy, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 121-136.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2006, 'Forgiveness, Reconciliation, and Shame: Three Key Variables in Reducing School Bullying', Journal of Social Issues, vol. 62, no. 2, 2006, pp. 347-370.
- Morrison, B & Ahmed, E 2006, 'Restorative Justice and Civil Society: Emerging Practice, Theory and Evidence', Journal of Social Issues, vol. 62, no. 2, 2006, pp. 209 - 215.
- Braithwaite, J, Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2006, 'Shame, Restorative Justice and Crime', in Kristie Blevins, Francis Cullen and John Wright (eds.), Taking Stock: The Status of Criminological Theory, Advances in Criminological Theory, Transaction Publishers, New Brunswick, pp. 397-417.
- Braithwaite, J, Braithwaite, V & Ahmed, E 2006, 'Shame, Restorative Justice and Crime', Advances in Criminological Theory, vol. 15, no. 2006, pp. 397-417.
- Braithwaite, J & Ahmed, E 2005, 'Forgiveness, Shaming, Shame and Bullying', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 298-323.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2005, 'Emotionally intelligent tax policy: The case of higher education funding', Legal and Criminological Psychology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 291-308.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2005, 'Understanding Small Business Taxpayers: Issues of Deterrence, Tax Morale, Fairness and Work Practice', International Small Business Journal, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 539-568.
- Braithwaite, V & Ahmed, E 2005, 'A threat to tax morale: The case of Australian higher education policy', Journal of Economic Psychology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 523-540.
- Ahmed, E 2005, 'Pastoral Care to Regulate School Bullying: Shame Management among Bystanders', Pastoral Care in Education, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 23-29.
- Braithwaite, J, Braithwaite, V & Ahmed, E 2005, 'Reintegrative Shaming', in Stuart Henry & Mark Lanier (eds.), The Essential Criminology Reader, Westview Press, Boulder USA, pp. 286-297.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2004, 'When tax collectors become collectors for child support and student loans: jeopardizing the revenue base?', Kyklos, vol. 57, no. Fasc.3, pp. 303-326.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2004, 'Bullying and victimization: cause for concern for both families and schools', Social Psychology of Education, vol. 7, pp. 35-54.
- Ahmed, E & Braithwaite, V 2004, 'What, me ashamed? Shame management and school bullying', Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 269-294.
- Braithwaite, V, Ahmed, E, Morrison, B et al 2003, 'Researching the Prospects for Restorative Justice Practice in Schools: The Life at School Survey 1996-9', in Lode Walgrave (ed.), Repositioning Restorative Justice, Willan Publishing, Cullompton, UK, pp. 169-190.
- Ahmed, E, Harris, N, Braithwaite, J et al 2001, Shame Management Through Reintegration, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.